With the London Olympics just around the corner, now’s the perfect opportunity for you to fill up your booking calendar and make the most of the influx of tourists into the country. Although the Olympic Stadium in London will be hosting the Athletics and the Paralympic Athletics, there are many more exciting venues and events taking place up and down the country. This means even if your holiday rental is not in the South East of England, it’s still worth considering whether you can market your property with the Olympics in mind.
Hotels, bed and breakfasts, hostels and holiday rentals in the Southeast are already in short supply so there are plenty more people in need of a place to stay. London is one of the most popular capital cities in the world, so with additional interest it’s little wonder that accommodation opportunities are becoming scarce. It’s up to you to make the most of this historic event by advertising your property to those visiting the country.
How to Use the Olympics in Your Marketing
- Find out where you nearest venues are which are hosting Olympic events. There are multiple locations all over the UK such as Cardiff, Newcastle, Glasgow, Manchester, Coventry and Weymouth. You can also check to see when the Olympic torch is running past your area and use this to attract tourists.
- Optimise your website and listings globally, not just on a local scale. People travel from all over the world to enjoy the Olympics, try and make as many people aware of your property as possible. Reach out on your blog, through social media and international holiday rental directories. You may also wish to consider using pay per click advertising on search engines.
- Work on your pricing. When events of this magnitude take place prices escalate. The amount to increase your rental prices needs to be in accordance with other properties in the area. Do your research; consider the type of events taking place close to you and how popular they will be.
- Add Olympic news and information to your marketing material. Remember it’s down to you to make sure those interested in the Olympics aware of your holiday rental. Create blog posts about the activities taking place close by, mention the news on your social networking sites and start getting involved in Olympic conversations online.
- If you’re looking to rent out a room or a property for the first time to make the most of the increase in demand, make sure you check with your local council and follow the set guidelines’ concerning short term lets. You’ll also need to think about insurance and creating a booking contract.
The Olympics 2012 are already causing huge stir in the UK, and with just a few months to go it’s worth considering whether you can generate bookings from the event by including it in your online marketing. This is a fantastic opportunity to increase your earnings and ensure your holiday rental is fully booked for the summer.