Why do I need my own website?
Having your own dedicated holiday home website has multiple benefits:
- Project a more professional image to potential customers
- Reach more people globally, every day
- Appear in internet searches (through Google, Bing, Yahoo etc) when someone is looking for a holiday rental in your area
- Use your web address on your business cards, and in advertising through flyers, newspapers, magazines etc
- Add a link to your website in your online advertising (e.g. listing sites etc)
- Add more information and photos than listing sites will generally allow
- Save time on enquiries – people can find the information they need on your website. You can also direct enquirers to your website address, rather than spending time emailing people with attached photos
- Free advertising in directories
- Promote your holiday property through Social Media sites
Why use PromoteMyPlace? A friend has offered to create my website...
Often when a friend says they can create a website, they're talking about a static website with maybe a couple of pictures. Probably not the professional look you were hoping for!
Below are some useful questions to consider before getting someone to create your site.
- Does the person creating your website understand web site optimisation, and know how to make your website work in different browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Mozilla, MAC Opera etc)?
- Do they have access to Photo Gallery controls, an Availability Calendar, or embedded widgets? Can they integrate Google Maps into your website or let you include YouTube videos?
- Will they be able to give you the tools to change and update your site for yourself, whenever you like?
- Will they host the website for you on the internet?
These features and many more are taken care of with PromoteMyPlace. Not only is everything you need included, but you have total control over your site at all times.
See all features included with PromoteMyPlace
I've never done anything like this before. Do I need any technical knowledge?
The good news is, anyone can create a website with PromoteMyPlace!
Our Website Creation and Editor Tool is specially designed to make creating a holiday home website super-easy. Anyone with no technical knowledge or specific computer skills can create a website with all the features you'd expect from professional quality holiday rental site. We've even made the process of optimising your website for internet search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo an easy process. Plus we host your website for you so you don't have to deal with internet hosting companies.
How easy is it to build my website?
Creating your website with PromoteMyPlace couldn't be easier. Register for free, and you'll be given your own private Website Management Area which gives you fast, easy access to everything you need to create your website – step-by-step. You could be online in as little as 1 hour!
5 simple steps are all it takes:
- Choose your website name
- Select the features you want on your website
- Choose a style and colour scheme from a selection of specially created designs
- Add information and photos for your property
- Publish your website!
And if you get stuck at any time, we're here to help. Free support and guidance is all included with PromoteMyPlace.
Can I change and update my website?
Yes. With PromoteMyPlace you can update your website as many times as you want – add new photos, change the colour scheme, add more detail, perhaps a special offer. Change anything you want, whenever you want at no extra cost. You're in charge.
Who looks after hosting of my website?
All websites created and published to the internet via PromoteMyPlace are hosted on our dedicated servers, so you don't need to find or pay for a separate hosting service. Our servers are fast, managed and monitored 24 hours per day, and are fully protected by the latest firewall technology.
Can you create my website for me?
It's easy to create a professional quality website with PromoteMyPlace, but if you don't want to do it yourself or you're too busy, we can do it for you for a one-off additional charge. See Useful Extras on the Pricing page for more details.
When will the free trial start?
Your 14 day free trial will begin as soon as you register.
Can I access my website at any time to modify, update, add text, photos etc?
Yes. Your annual subscription allows you to modify, update, add and remove content as many times as you like, whenever you like.
How reliable are the PromoteMyPlace servers?
Our servers are very reliable. They are fast, managed and monitored 24 hours per day, permanently connected to the internet and are fully protected by the latest firewall technology.
Do I need a website domain name/address?
No. When you create your website with PromoteMyPlace, we'll provide you with your very own domain name (website address). It's all included in the price.
Can I use my own domain name?
Yes. If you want to use your own domain name, you'll need to use the control panel for your chosen provider to direct the domain name to our host company's domain name servers, or ask the provider to do it for you. Instructions differ between providers, but we will happily help you through this process if needed.
Can I include my own language translations?
Yes. If you're lucky enough to be multilingual and would like to display your website accurately in the different languages you speak, PromoteMyPlace has a 'custom translations' feature just for you. Once activated, you'll be able to add your own translations for each of the pages on your website.
If you're not multilingual but would like to include translations, we can add a Google Translate tool to your site.