The internet is a fast-paced, ever-changing entity. Something that works today, may not work tomorrow. And of course, your competitors could multiply.
Staying on top of how your website is doing, is crucial to helping determine what’s working and what’s not.
Wondering how you can monitor your website’s success?
First of all, set up Google Analytics. This free tool tells you everything you need to know about how your website is doing, which in turn allows you to make informed decisions on possible improvements.
How to set up Google Analytics walks you through it step-by-step.
Did you know you can easily find out where your enquiries are coming from? And do you know that from that information, you can decide where to concentrate more or less effort in terms of your online marketing?
And remember, don’t let any of your marketing efforts stagnate. Always look at areas you can make improvements – new content to add to your website and other marketing angles you can take.
Ultimately, marketing success comes from trying things out to see if they work, and sticking with those that do.
So whilst this may seem like a lot of steps to marketing success, they don’t all need to be done at once …
- First, do your prep
- Then create a website that will work hard for your holiday rental business
- Now optimise it and start getting some links pointing to it – the latter being an ongoing task that should always be on your to-do list
- Then it’s time to spread the word – get your site in front of as many people as you can
- Remember to continually look at building trust through various online presences and past guests
- And finally, monitor the results to make tweaks to ensure you’re always focusing on the right areas