Unfortunately, with so much competition online these days, having a website alone may not be enough to get your accommodation in front of the right people at the right time.
Which is where search engine optimisation can help.
SEO consists of three key elements:
- Keyword analysis
- On page optimisation
- Link building
Work on these, and you’ll more likely appear higher in search engine results for relevant search terms.
1) But what exactly is SEO and how does it work?
An Introduction to SEO for Holiday Rental Owners explains all.
2) Keywords and phrases placed naturally throughout your website content and in key sections of your site, can help your website rank well for those particular terms.
Choosing your keywords for your Holiday Rental Website explains how, with some time and effort, you can do this yourself and help improve your chances of ranking higher in search engine results.
3) Generating a list of the best keywords isn’t the end of it. Obviously, you need to place these within your website to reap the benefits.
Preparing Your Holiday Rental Website for Search Engines tells you where they need to go and how.
4) Another area of SEO that is of vital importance, is in getting links pointing to your website from other quality sites.
Link Building for Holiday Rental Websites gives examples and techniques on how best to achieve this.
5) The internet is fast changing. What works one day, may not work the next. So, it’s important to continually evaluate and tweak your online marketing endeavours.
Measuring the Success of Your SEO Efforts outlines how you can do that to help make informed decisions on future improvements.
Ensuring your website is well optimised for search engines will help it appear higher in search results for those relevant keywords and phrases. The higher your website ranks, the better your chances of filling up that availability calendar.
Next’s week’s post in this series brings us on to promotion. We understand that promoting your website online can be daunting. Our next article walks you through it – from the basics, to social media, blogging, and using one of your key marketing tools effectively.